Plans may be electronically submitted to email@example.com
Plans for equipment, devices and extinguishing systems shall be submitted and approved prior to installation. These plans shall show a minimum of the following:
These plans shall show a minimum of the following:
- Floor plan (to scale) showing the location of spraying or dipping operations.
- Detailed construction plans and the appropriate equipment data sheets for the installation of the spray booth(s) or dip tank(s).
- Location of electrical outlets and electrical equipment. (A separate permit is required from the Building Department for electrical and mechanical installations).
- Provide manufacturer specification sheets for electrical equipment.
- Type of ventilation and controls.
- The locations and method of storage of Class I, Class II and Class III-A flammable liquids.
- A summary of flammable and/or combustible liquids in use and storage.
- Additional details may be required based upon quantities and the associated hazards.
- The type of heating and/or drying systems used in spraying or dipping areas.
- Location and classification of fire extinguishers.
- Three (3) copies of the extinguishing system plans shall be submitted for review and approval by the licensed contractor responsible for the work, prior to installation.
Smoking prohibited. (CFC 1503.2.6) Smoking shall be prohibited in spray finishing areas and in the vicinity of dip tanks. â€œNO SMOKINGâ€� signs shall be conspicuously posted in such areas. Welding warning signs. (CFC 1503.2.7) Welding warning signs shall be posted in the vicinity of spraying areas, dipping operations and paint storage rooms with the following warning:
NO WELDING THE USE OF WELDING OR CUTTING EQUIPMENT IN OR NEAR THIS AREA IS DANGEROUS BECAUSE OF FIRE AND EXPLOSION HAZARDS. WELDING AND CUTTING SHALL BE DONE ONLY UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF THE PERSON IN CHARGE.